The Spice Rack

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." Join me as I explore this love with reckless abandon. Each week try a new recipe from a different region. Read a little about each recipes' history and a lot about what it took to get it from the pages of the cookbook to the dinner table.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Corn and Feta Omelet


Summer is almost here, and the warm weather is screaming for light, fresh, tasty food. I've had this recipe stored away in one of my recipe notebooks for awhile, but I just recently tried it for the first time. The original calls for goat cheese, I prefer feta so I substituted it. Feel free to use either.

3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup corn kernals
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup crumbled feta
4 fresh chives

In a medium bowl whisk the eggs together with the salt, pepper, and corn.
Melt the butter in a large skillet
Add egg mixture and cook about one minute, or until the eggs have begun to set
Sprinkle omelet with about 3/4 of the cheese and 3/4 of the chives.
Fold the omelet over
Sprinkle remaining cheese and chives and fold the omelet again so it forms a triangle.
Slide onto plate and enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home