The Spice Rack

"There is no love sincerer than the love of food." Join me as I explore this love with reckless abandon. Each week try a new recipe from a different region. Read a little about each recipes' history and a lot about what it took to get it from the pages of the cookbook to the dinner table.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Asparagus


This is a quick little recipe that goes good with everything. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the exact measurements so feel free to adjust as you like.

1 lb asparagus.
Olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Cut the rough ends off the asparagus.
Place the asparagus in a baking dish and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle balsamic vinegar over to taste.
Season with salt and pepper.
Bake at 450 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

I like my asparagus a little crunchy so I don't cook it for too long. Adjust the cook time until you find one that works for with how you like your asparagus cooked. This works great as a side dish with almost anything. Hope you enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger food & love said...

i love your blog...and all the recipes.... please keep it up!

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home